Running Time: 7 Hours, 3 minutes
to produce this knowledge-packed video about his process of creating life-sized figurative works, from costume creation to finishing strokes.
$171.00 buy HERE
The demonstration piece is lifesize and measures 68" tall.
Click the link to view the preview created by Streamline
Wide shots and close shots bring the viewer into the action.
Tim Rees: Modern Figures: Painting Big, Fresh and Loose
This video is available through streaming or DVD hardcopy.
Streamline Premium Art Video teamed up with Tim Rees
Along the way, Tim will guide you through:
- Creating a shadow map to set placement
- Resolving shapes
- Differentiating between lights and darks
- The details — from the face to the figure and then to the background
- Simplifying your color mixing
- Creating depth by using paint application
- Making a variety of edges
- All the techniques of working on a canvas that is as big as (or bigger than) you are!
Then, it’s your turn — taking everything you’ll learn from this energetic and in-demand instructor as you create your next (or first!) large painting.
But don’t worry if you’re just not into big paintings because you will benefit from Tim’s expertise for all of your figure paintings, regardless of size. His knowledge and skill are sure to help every figure painter to get better and better.
There is absolute power associated with large paintings that you just can’t get with smaller ones. And to be able to paint large, you really have to want to — that’s a whole lot of canvas to cover! You have to know how to handle the mechanics of working big, and you either have to have a place to hang that much of a painting or find someone who does.
For all of these reasons, grand-scale painting isn’t taught or shown nearly as much as its smaller counterpart … but that doesn’t mean your heart doesn’t ache to really cut loose and let your creativity show in a monumental creation.
Like a giant billboard along a well-traveled road, nothing communicates a message better than making it big! A large painting is eye-catching. Done well, it becomes a bold statement in its own space.
While there are complexities to painting big, this video shows you how much fun it will be to paint big and with brilliant color! The possibilities are endless!
Here’s just a glimpse of what Tim has in store for you in this video:
- What you MUST do to avoid distortion (the root cause of failure in big paintings!)
- The EASY way to outfit your model using the methods of John Singer Sargent — you’ll never stress over this again
- The ONE trick to making your color study invaluable (simple and oh-so-necessary!)
- Think like THIS and color will come easily to you (for every painting, not just big ones!)
- The best way to apply paint? LOGICAL and EFFECTIVE (it’s all in the video!)
- Trouble with measurements? Use this technique to get it RIGHT!
- Do this every day and completely CHANGE YOUR LIFE as an artist (it’s never too late to start!)
- Big paintings still need harmony … and here’s how to get it!
- Help your audience feel like they’re part of the painting, and they’ll love you for it!
- Do this and you will LOSE the juicy, delicious quality of your paint! (And you don’t want that!)
- The 100% BEST way to paint BIG!
- Why Tim’s “Robot Face” technique will help you beyond belief!
- Create NATURAL beauty — so important when working in large proportions
- The sure-fire way to create a painting that looks NOTHING like your model (and you really don’t want that!)
- The one DANGEROUS move to avoid (save yourself a ton of headaches by following Tim’s advice on this!)
- And SO much more!